Many student and professional researchers today rely entirely on the various APA Format Example, tips and guidelines provided in the Internet for their research works written in APA style. The APA which stands for American Psychological Association is the most commonly used formatting style in different areas of discipline such as psychology, education and other social sciences. The APA format which is a set of conventions provides a general standard format in terms of pagination, margins, in-text citation, reference list and many other aspects of research works and other scholarly manuscripts.
Originated in an article published in 1929, the APA format laid out the basic rules in writing research papers in the field of social sciences. As time goes by, this formatting style was adapted by various disciplines outside psychology. Most educational institutions and journal editors required the students and writers to format their works using this formatting style.
At first, students and researchers alike find it difficult to format their research papers and journals using the APA format. However, learning this skill is very useful in doing research works and other scholarly manuscripts. There are a lot of APA format example and guidelines found in the Internet today which they can use as reference for APA format research papers.
Here are some helpful tips, basic guidelines and APA format example for student researchers.
1. The title page of your research work in APA should include a running head, title, the name of the author and the school affiliation.
2. Follows your title page is a short summary of your research paper called the abstract. Based on the APA guidelines, the abstract should contain at least 150-250 words in total. However, this can vary depending on the specific requirements of your instructor or the publication where you will submit the paper.
3. When it comes to in-text citations in APA format, you should use the name of the author followed by the publication date. Other information about the source should be place in the reference section.
4. The reference page in APA format must start on a new page labeling it as “References” and make it center at the top of the page.
5. Entries must be in alphabetical order and flush left the first line of a reference. Indent using the tab key each of the additional line.
6. Based on the new sixth-edition of the APA style manual, the required space between each sentence must be double space same also with the reference section.
7. All the sources that you have cited must appear both on the reference section and on the in-text. Make sure that all the references that appeared in the body of your report should also be found on the reference section and vice versa.
8. Book titles, magazines, newspapers and journals must be italicized.
The APA format may appear to be as quite complicated but if you learn and master yourself the basic rules and guidelines of this formatting style then it will be much easier for you. For more APA format example, tips and guidelines you can search online using specific keywords and phrases.